- ANTHELME BRILLAT-SAVARIN
• It's vegan and gluten free • It's one of the best Vietnamese dishes • It's easy to make
Prep time: 45 minutes Servings: 4
• 8 ladles of gluten-free umami broth • 400g pho rice noodle • 2 bok choi • 400g extra firm tofu • 200g sliced shitake mushroom • Sichuan peppercorn oil • 1 finely sliced fresh red chilli pepper • Handful of finely chopped mint • Handful of finely chopped Thai basil • Handful of finely chopped coriander • Tamari / gluten free soy-sauce • Rapeseed oil • Lime
1. Prepare and heat the broth in a pot ready for serving 2. Prepare the Sichuan peppercorn oil ahead of time 3. Sautee the sliced shitake mushrooms with a drizzle of rapeseed oil and some tamari 4. Cut your tofu into the desired shapes 5. Chop your bok choi and blanch it in some hot water or the umami broth
6. Rehydrate your dry rice noodles according to the instructions on the packet 7. Add the noodles, tofu, vegetables and ladle in two ladles of broth in a bowl. Garnish with mint, coriander and Thai basil. If desired, add chilli and Sichuan peppercorn oil. Squeeze on some lime.
• How to prepare the Umami broth • Other ingredients you may wish to include • How to prepare the Sichuan chilli oil • Serving suggestions